Nisaki (Greek: Νησάκι meaning “little island”) is a small sea-side village in north-east Corfu, Greece. It was named after the small island in its bay. During the 20th century, probably with the advent of mass tourism, several tavernas were built on this islet and a jetty was constructed, linking it permanently to the mainland. The main village of Nisaki grew up on the hill above this inlet where a church, school, cafe and many other buildings are located.
How to reach Nissaki
To ensure your Corfu experience is off to a good start, we offer complimentary transport from the airport to the villa by VIP Van Service for up to 12 persons.
If you wish to hire cars and you have a GPS here are the villa coordinates: N 39.723879, E 19.888248
If you don’t have a GPS, the car rental company can show you on a map which they can provide.
From Nissaki there is a regular bus service, normally as follows:
Monday to Friday: 07:15, 10:30, 11:45, 13:45, 16:15, 17:30
Saturdays: 07:15, 10:30, 11:45, 13:45, 16:15, 17:30
The bus schedule is annually announced soon before the beginning of the season, click here to confirm.
What can you find at Nissaki
There are several boat rentals in the area. Previous clients have used them and given us good feedback for the following:
Nissaki Boat Rental – Fontas
Nissaki Harbour: +30 6998505651 / email@example.com
Agni Bay Boats – Spiros
There are several mini-markets in the area. One of them is Aphrodite’s Supermarket where you can order any groceries to wait for you when you arrive. Call +30 697 1542833 or send an email clicking the link above. It is around 1.5 km north of the villa and they will take and deliver any order you place with them.
Within 2 km you will also find other mini and super-markets.
These are our personal most recent choices but there are certainly many more places worth trying!
Near the villa
These tavernas / restaurants are family run and offer good, honest food and friendly service at reasonable prices.
- Vitamins: tel. +30 2663 091278, firstname.lastname@example.org , less than one mile from the villa
- Roumeli: tel. +30 26630 91638, email@example.com , next to Vitamins above
- Agnadio: tel. +30 26630 92295, firstname.lastname@example.org , at the nearby Spartilas village
- Taverna Glyfa: +30 26630 91090, tavernaglyfa.com
- Toula’s: +30 26630 91350, email@example.com, toulasagni.com
In Corfu Town
- Anemomylos Restaurant, Bar, Café: Great view of Garitsa bay and the old fortress, very good and well-presented food, good service, generous portions, reasonable prices. (tel. +30 2661030047)
- To Dimarchio: A more upmarket place with very good Greek and Mediterranean food, at the Town Hall Square. The Town Hall is the old San Giacomo theater, world famous during the Venetian era of Corfu. (tel. +30 2661039031)
- Venetian Well: This is a “must” – a gourmet restaurant in a great setting (tel. +30 2661550955)
- Yami: For a taste of sushi and Asian food (tel. +30 2661089555)